Sunday 2 June 2013

Week 22 - Preparations for Immortals Gaming Weekend

So it is Queens Birthday weekend here in NZ so I plan on doing a post tomorrow as well, assuming I get some more done that is! Today I managed to get Amy, Doug and Josh done, the pic is below.

Josh, Doug and Amy, Just awaiting basing colours.

So coming up on the 20-21 of July is the Hamilton(NZ) Immortals Wargaming Weekend. The goal is to introduce more locals to the club and to some of the different games played by us and what other games are out there. To help make this as successful as possible I plan on bringing several different game systems and of course it is always best to demo a game with painted models from the games manufacturer. So as part of this I hope to bring models for the following systems: Zombicide, Dystopian Wars, Warpath, Mercs & Hordes. So the astute of you out there will notice that Zombicide, Dystopian Wars and Warpath are far from finished on my To Do List. What I hope to do is get a pair of Warpath starter sets and my French Dystopian Wars box all painted up by then. It may be wishful thinking on my part but it is worth a shot, I may be able to convince a buddy to paint up some of his Veer-myn for then.

In line with achieving this goal I have finished up another 5 Forge Father warriors. I plan on doing the bases all at once in a desert theme as I get further along. To finish up an equivalent FF starter I need to do 10 Stormrage Vets and an Iron Ancestor. After that I would like to do a Corporation starter which requires 4 more soldiers, 10 Rangers and 3 Heavy Weapon teams.


I forgot to talk about how my set of Dreadball games went last week. I played two games, the first was against Orx and did not go well at all. Nothing seemed to go my way, I couldn't injure for more than 2 rounds and failed my only strike attempt. In the end I had 2 jacks die and lost by a landslide, ending up losing money by playing the game. My second game saw me playing against the other FF team. This game went much better, I killed 3 or 4 players but lost a jack and a guard. I still lost this game as I can't seem to score any points... I also lost team points in this game as I had to revive my skilled guard. Overall I now have 3 skilled guards but my team is down a jack. I hope to sneak up to 4th place on the next club night in order to make it to the finals. The Dystopian Wars league is starting up soon too so I will be getting some practice in for the Gaming Weekend by playing in that. Busy, busy, busy...

Day 153
172/153 Painted/Days passed
172/366 Painted/Target (44.8%)
50/50 Dreadball: Season 1(100%)
6/6 Mercs - Kezai Wazza (100%)
32/40 Blindwater Congregation (80.0%)
68/71 Zombicide! (95.8%)
0/55 Dreadball: Season 2 (0%)
10/89 Forge Fathers (11.2%)
6/150 Corporation Marines (4.0%)
0/102 Veer-myn (0.0%)
0/8 Khador (0.0%)
0/35 Protectorate of Menoth (0.0%)
0/15 Malifaux - Kirai Crew (0.0%)
0/9 Malifaux - Mei Feng Crew (0.0%)
0/6 Infinity - Haqqislam (0.0%)
0/21 Death Korps of Krieg (0.0%)
With more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment