Sunday 10 February 2013

Week 6 - Time for basing!

So here we are in the middle of Sunday. This should be a good reliable time to do future blog posts, short of tournaments and demo games... On to the progress!

Wednesday being Waitangi day (a public holiday in NZ) I managed to get some serious painting done. I am still behind but there is always this afternoon isn't there? For your viewing pleasure we have Caliban, Pendrake and a Swamp Horror all finished up and waiting for basing.

Finally finished! A third caster for the Blindwater Congregation.
Adding a little class and manners to the swamp hordes...
That's right, star fields on the lenses. Because massive conversions weren't enough...
This means I have enough painted for my two 42 points lists for Ides next month. I do have to get the bases finished though. This will be the focus of next week, meaning I plan on doing very little actual painting. I have got 2 more gator possie to repaint, giving me two max units as options. These will hopefully take a lot less time to do now that the paint scheme is well practised.

Green and brown... so common and bland.
This will just about round out my Blindwater until my next tournament. To get these guys 100% complete I still have an Ironback Spitter, Bull Snapper, 5 Gatormen Possie and a Croak Hunter to go. I may expand the force a little in a few months with Rask and Bog Trog Ambushers but that is a while away yet... Next week will hopefully see a group shot of all the gators based and ready for action.

In other news I will be preparing some Warpath models for demos at the club. I plan on having each of the 1 player starter sets painted and playable (I already have enough for most of them, only short 12 or so Marauders...) as the Warpath kickstarter looms on the horizon. Conveniently I have started several of the models in the last few weeks and have already assembled most of what I need anyway.

At the same time I need to crank out two Warmachine battleboxes for demoing from April onwards. Looks like Khador and Cryx are the likely candidates as I still have conversion work to do on my Menoth. Oh and the possibility of an overseas work trip in there somewhere. Which usually means 2 weekends of travel, and at least a week of no painting... I will do some other kind of post while I am there probably a tutorial if I have some photos prepared before I go...


The stats:

Day 41
77/41 Painted/Days passed
77/366 Painted/Target (21.0%)
23/39 Blindwater Congregation (59.0%)
43/51 Dreadball (84.3%)
5/89 Forge Fathers (5.6%)
6/104 Corporation Marines (5.8%)
0/102 Veer-myn (0.0%)
0/8 Khador (0.0%)
0/35 Protectorate of Menoth (0.0%)
0/15 Malifaux - Kirai Crew (0.0%)
0/6 Mercs - Kezai Wazza (0.0%)
0/6 Infinity - Haqqislam (0.0%)
0/21 Death Korps of Krieg (0.0%)
With more to come...


Disclaimer on the stats, as I reorganize my stuff I find and lose models, the unpainted model counts are approximate as a result. Once I complete groups and can shelve things away properly I will update the totals. This means some weeks will have higher or lower totals as I find/lose/buy/sell things and percentages will be a little off as a result. I also occasionally need to recount the painted total, as sometimes the individual counts are more/less than the total...

No comments:

Post a Comment