Sunday, 3 May 2015

Week 18 - A Productive Weekend

So the Wife and Child decided to go help Grandma sort her house out (as it is going on the market soon-ish) which left me unsupervised for a whole weekend. Brownie point accumulation can really pay off!

I prepared for this by writing out a list of all the things I really wanted to do, hadn't done in ages or really should have done years ago. With Free Comic Book Day on the Saturday I had to get up early, not just for free comics but also Mark Ones only sale in the year. After spending more than I probably should have (see further gripes of "if only I had more money...") I hit up Bunnings for some wood and Spotlight for some fabric. I spent the rest of the day building a tray rack in the garage, enabling me to store most of my models. Unfortunately I didn't have enough money for the side and door for the rack to become a cabinet. Given the number of spiders lurking in the garage I will have to wait until I have those done before migrating my stuff out there. I also busted out the sewing machine and started work on a Grifter mask. During that process I broke my last needle and ran out of the thread I needed. If only I had more money...

Sunday was no less productive but involved much more housework. Having a small child in the house makes housework gradually accumulate, slowly enough that you hardly notice the clean, folded towels have lived on the couch for over a week. I tidied everything up before moving on to finishing the garden frame (see: Things I should have done years ago...) and the front gate (a more recent project). With all the necessary work done I got to spend some time building some Zentradi pods and put the base colours on those last 4 Dreadball models. I hope to get the dip on those in the next couple days to finally finish them off.

Things round here are probably going to slow down even further. The company I work for has been sold, my job is secure but my contract is changing. This impacts my hobby time by having only 30 minutes for lunch instead of an hour, dropping my time to trim models to about 15 minutes. This also impacts the long term goals I have, listed below:

  • Have a large Undead army
  • Have lots of Zombies
  • Have a large Goblin army
  • Have a large Corporation army
  • Have a fleet of Starships
  • Have a Cityscape terrain board
  • Have a Space terrain board

I already have enough undead, zombies and corporation soldiers, I just have to finish them. This will now be more difficult. The starships could be a bit easier now, what with Star Wars Armada now being out. This save me time on assembly and painting so is probably the way I will go. The real problems are the goblins and city table. I have 'some' goblins but certainly not enough and the city table could be very expensive to do outside of Dropzone Commander card terrain sets. These may have to be let go. The space board shouldn't be too bad, I have most of the stuff already and I should be able to use it for several game systems.

With all this going on it makes it kind of difficult to see what I will do for the last 200 models for the year. I think the best solution is to start on the rest of the Zombicide models. I can skip the trimming step and just go straight to painting them, they are quick and easy to do and there are just enough to cover what I have to do for the year. Or that is the plan anyway...

Day 123
165/123 Painted/Days passed
Commission models - 10
Finish painting Infinity Morats - 11/11
Paint all DZC Scourge - 31/32
Paint all Directorate - 44/44
Build and paint remaining KOW Elves - 68/83
Build and paint all Deadzone Enforcers - 0/34
Build and paint all Deadzone Plague - 0/21
Build and paint a full Malifaux crew - 0/14
Finish all of the Dreadball teams and MVPs. - 0/4

No comments:

Post a Comment