Sunday 31 August 2014

Week 35 - Elven Progress Report #3

This week was a rather busy one, not in the good way. While things were off to a good start on Monday, (I got some time to paint!) that was also the only opportunity to paint until this evening. As a result I have only painted 8 elves this week. I did however finish assembling all the spearmen, which leaves me with just the bolt throwers, cavalry, drakons and archers to trim and assemble. I had a go at trimming the cavalry this week, it took almost an hour to do just one (blasted restic) so I will do the bolt throwers and drakons first I think.

Assembled but not yet painted.
Painted so far.
This weeks efforts.
I received my latest Lootcrate this week as well, photo below.
This one contained a glow-in-the-dark Groot Pop! figure, Leonardo TMNT figure, TMNT sunglasses, Sonic the hedgehog air freshener, the Flash shoelace lightning bolts, Deadpool magnet and some online download codes for digital items and a Steam game. Overall I'm not super happy with this crate. The Groot is cool, as is the Leo. The glasses aren't any use to me (I wear prescription glasses and don't use contacts) and the lightning bolts aren't great on black workboots. The sonic air freshener is really strong. The free game is kind of cool. Overall I've lost a little on this crate, which is why I decided to cancel my subscription. At least with a guaranteed shirt I knew I was getting my moneys worth, which is why I have swapped to Nerdblocks new Gamer box. Of course within hours of cancelling my Lootcrate they reveal next months crate theme: Galaxy, with an item from each of Firefly, Star Trek and Star Wars. It is another figure based crate too. Nuts. I may have to gift myself one...

Oh and my Relic Knights have shown up! Never thought I would see the day. I will update the Wall of Shame when I have gone through and counted everything.


Day 243

184/243 Painted/Days passed
184/136 Painted/Bought
Goals:
Build a permanent gaming table.
Build a Kings of War army for playing with.
Complete my entry for the terrain competition.
Build and paint a set of Deadzone battle groups.
Build and paint a full Malifaux crew.
Finish all of the Dreadball teams and MVPs.
Finish painting an Infinity group.
Make some headway on my Warpath fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment