Sunday 8 June 2014

Week 23 - A Big Project Revealed

So I have spent the last two weeks looking into my 'special project' and figuring out if it was going to achieve what I wanted it to. So far everything seems to stack up so now seems like a good time to reveal it:


So I am in the process of launching my own company, Nova Design Studios, aimed at designing and building war-gaming terrain, tables, bases and accessories all to the customers specifications. I'm still working out all the bugs in the Facebook page, order forms and product range so officially I won't be up and running for a couple months.

I have got a couple preview shots of what I am working on though. The first is a "Deluxe Gaming Area," which is a double sided board for expanding a dining table or similar. One side is lined with brown felt and makes for a 4' x 4' play area. The other side is a black felt lined 3' x 3' play area with dice rolling area. The pine edging is all finished with wood stain.




For some reason the flash made this come out blue, it is in fact black...
There are a few finishing details to go to this item, for instance I am looking into ways to lock the two halves together.

The next item on the workbench is a 3' x 3' custom play area. The board is designed to sit inside the "Deluxe Gaming Area" to improve the play experience. I hope to have the board finished in time for the charity event being run by the Hamilton Immortals on the 5th of July. I hope anyway...


While I work on these "demonstration models" there won't be much time for doing anything else, but you never know!

Day 159
0/159 Painted/Days passed
0/57 Painted/Bought
Goals:
Build a permanent gaming table.
Complete my entry for the terrain competition.
Build a Kings of War army for playing with.
Build and paint a set of Deadzone battle groups.
Build and paint a full Malifaux crew.
Finish all of the Dreadball teams and MVPs.
Finish painting an Infinity group.
Make some headway on my Warpath fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment