Sunday 25 May 2014

Week 21 - Progress, Yay!

So another week down and a bunch of progress to report for a change. The Sorylians are plodding along, I got a lighter coat on almost all the base colours and started to add in the detail colours. I only just realised I didn't give the bases a coat of black spray today, which was something I really wanted to get done. Nuts.


Out of nowhere I have managed to complete one of my goals as I have now got about 600 points of Abyssal Dwarves all assembled and tacked onto movement bases for playing. The added bonus with this list is that the Orcs can all be used for another army once I get more of each assembled and then I can do proper demo games. Also, that is a scary amount of models for just 600 points... That is what happens with no heroes.


I also received my copy of the Dropzone Commander 2 player starter this week. This was particularly exciting as the quality was way higher than I have seen anywhere else. The box was packed with layers of bubble-wrap and everything was bagged, there was obviously great care taken when the box was put together. The sprues indicated to me, more than any other that I've seen, a great deal of foresight. Each faction in the box has 3 sprues, all the same. The sprue was designed with efficiency in mind so rather than having 5-6 sprues for a faction, based on units, it was designed with a starter box in mind. This does mean that you wont see a plastic APC blister any time soon but I doubt this is an issue.



The other thing worth mentioning is that the plastic is really nice as well. The mould lines are almost non-existent, similar to the Wyrd plastics, and are very easy to remove. The details are also very crisp and fine, much nicer than I have seen anywhere else except maybe the Kingdom Death resins. I have high hopes for the resin pieces as a result. The digital design of the parts also means that everything snaps together tightly, a nice change after my FOW Open Fire experience recently. My only complaint is that the Scourge have little ribbed details right on the mould line, it really isn't worth the effort to deal with them as the risk of removing the detail is quite high.

I am also doing some research into a special project that could be quite exciting, more details to come.

Day 145
0/145 Painted/Days passed
0/55 Painted/Bought
Goals:
Build a permanent gaming table.
Complete my entry for the terrain competition.
Build a Kings of War army for playing with.
Build and paint a set of Deadzone battle groups.
Build and paint a full Malifaux crew.
Finish all of the Dreadball teams and MVPs.
Finish painting an Infinity group.
Make some headway on my Warpath fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment