Sunday 18 May 2014

Week 20 - Slow Going

Yeah so no post last week as I simply hadn't done anything. That is probably going to be happening a lot. I did sell a fair chunk of models that I either hadn't used in years or was never going to. I also updated the Wall of Shame a couple times to reflect those changes.

This week I got a little time so managed to assemble the leftover Flames of War models I had. I have to say that the Open Fire models are pretty bad. The tanks just did not go together well at all. There are large gaps and the tracks aren't parallel. I'm told that the plastics after Open Fire are much better though. In the mean time there is a lot of work to do to fix them up.


I also got some time to get the base colours done on my Sorylians and give them all a black wash. The next step is to go back over everything to bring out the bright panels, maybe do some highlights and start on details. I was thinking of naming them all using Greek Deities and Demigods. If I get really fancy I may try to do a font other than 'just get it done.' Don't hold your breath or anything!


A quick trip out to Bunnings today meant I could pick up some MDF panels to make terrain boards. If all goes well I may be able to get started on some space scenes. I also need to figure out a way to make a nice tiled floor board to go with some Doric columns I picked up cheaply a while ago. Something to think about anyway.

Day 138
0/138 Painted/Days passed
0/55 Painted/Bought
Goals:
Build a permanent gaming table.
Complete my entry for the terrain competition.
Build a Kings of War army for playing with.
Build and paint a set of Deadzone battle groups.
Build and paint a full Malifaux crew.
Finish all of the Dreadball teams and MVPs.
Finish painting an Infinity group.
Make some headway on my Warpath fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment