Sunday 26 January 2014

Week 4 - Getting Back on Track

The party was a lot of fun, there were some interesting costumes, not all of them what I would call steampunk but just about everyone had a go. I wouldn't say mine looked the best or anything (there were some very nice outfits) but I was one of the very few who made even part of the costume, which was a good feeling. I got a lot of comments on the hat, more so as it got dark and the furnace was more noticeable. A few people even asked where I bought it which was a nice little ego boost. A full body shot is below.



It was certainly a fun experience making everything (in between swearing at the sewing machine anyway) and I am definitely going to make some more costumes as I go along, I just have to find things in small enough steps. Something not too difficult as a stepping stone is below, the only known Jawa Jedi, Akial. I may as well work within my height range, right? It also helps that there are no actual images of him (outside of artists impressions, like below) so I can add embellishments to my own tastes.

Artist unknown

With the steampunk party now over I can start getting back to my goal list for the year. With tomorrow a local holiday I will be working on getting my terrain comp entry further along. I have done a quick test fit for a door on the side of one of my containers and will continue working on it as a prototype. I need to figure out a list of possible businesses etc. that could work out of a single container. Progress will be made anyway... I also need to decide if I should be making my catwalks from scratch or from ready to go MDF pieces. From scratch is far more work but is more the point of the competition. They may have to wait until last, so I can see what is needed.

Apartment Building
 - Windows
 - Balconies (x2)
 - Air conditioner
 - Ladders
 - Fences
Raised Garden
 - Make framework
 - Detail frame panels
 - Populate garden
 - Fences
Shipping Containers
 - Add doors
 - Fine detailing (windows, signs, vents etc.)
Crates
 - Paint 36 large crates
 - Trim and paint 24 small crates
Paint K-Rails
Board
 - Touch up paint
 - Add plastic to road edges
Paint up Billboards
Paint up Catwalks (?)

Day 26
0/26 Painted/Days passed
0/10 Painted/Bought
Goals:
Build a permanent gaming table.
Complete my entry for the terrain competition.
Build a Kings of War army for playing with.
Build and paint a set of Deadzone battle groups.
Build and paint a full Malifaux crew.
Finish all of the Dreadball teams and MVPs.
Finish painting an Infinity group.

Make some headway on my Warpath fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment