Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Final Day of 2013

Sorry for the radio silence over the holiday period. There isn't any new progress to report from this time, I have just been assembling models and generally relaxing as the year began to wrap up. So with nothing new to show I guess I should try to wrap up the year and make some new years resolutions...

So in 365 days I managed to paint 383 models, completing my primary goal for the year. I finished up 3 projects and started at least 10 more. I posted 57 times through the year with over 180 photos. At my peak I produced 54 models in a week (way back in week one, no less!) and one of the models I painted this year won 3rd place in a painting competition. I also posted 3 tutorials. Overall I am fairly happy with the outcome for the year. Sure I could have painted more (or better) but I have several shelves full of painted models to show for my efforts, something I wouldn't have had otherwise. Many of them still need basing though!

Where does this leave me for 2014? Well with the baby on the way (just 9 more weeks!) hobby time is going to become more scarce. This means I will need to focus on getting small projects done and not over extending by buying too much extra. I also want to prepare a much better entry for the terrain competition this time. Last years was rather rushed... I still have mountains of plastic, with more on the way, but by continuing what I have done this year I can slowly make my way through it all. At least I hope so.

What I want to finish next year:

  • Complete my entry for the terrain competition.
  • Build a Kings of War army for playing with.
  • Build and paint a set of Deadzone battle groups.
  • Build and paint a full Malifaux crew.
  • Finish all of the Dreadball teams and MVPs.
  • Finish painting an Infinity group.
  • Make some headway on my Warpath fluff.
So painting-wise next year isn't very ambitious. Maybe 200 models total. I doubt I would get round to painting the KOW army as that would likely double the workload. Aside from this I want to get a permanent home table sorted out for the garage. Somewhere I can play on the weekend or in the evenings. I will probably convert my (not so) portable table into a permanent fixture, seeing as it never did fit into my car...

Well that wraps it up for the year. Thanks heaps for sticking through my ramblings for the year, chances are I wont be posting as regularly in 2014 (I will certainly try though) but you are likely to get stuck with my sleep deprived ramblings instead!

So until the new year stay safe and play for the enjoyment of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment