Sunday 6 October 2013

Week 40 - A Change of Plans

So I missed last weeks post as I was out of town for most of the weekend. To make up for it I finally finished up part two of the animal print tutorial and posted it earlier today. Enjoy. This is also the first full run with the lighting setup and I did finish up one more werewolf for the tutorial so here is the result.


So I spent most of this week working on shipping containers, right up until I ran out of plasticard that is... I have 8 ready for door details and a further 22 waiting for plasticard to do the trim. I am slightly concerned that the PVA doesn't really stick to the plastic though, I may have to adjust how I attach things when I find a replacement adhesive... I also fired up my new scroll saw today and cut out the first 'container pile.' This is the largest one I intend to make as a 3x3x3 stack. To make the next set I need more MDF but I also need more for the base board so that isn't a big issue.

I want to get as much done as I can in time for Rallypoint (November 2nd-3rd) so I can play some Infinity all weekend. This may be rather challenging with everything else going on but I'm always up for a challenge! The other thing I am working on is a steampunk costume for a workmates 50th, held at the end of January. The rush on this is that the wife (who also needs a steampunk costume) would like to wear it for her work do for Halloween. Which puts a time crunch on a little bit, since the deadlines are for about the same time. Luckily the mother-in-law has taken on the wife's costume, so I just have to work on my own costume. I've picked up all the materials so it is just a time issue. The plan is to focus on the major pieces first and then do the smaller details. So the first jobs are modifying some trousers I own and then making the vest. After that is the hat and goggles. Everything beyond that is just extra to finish it off, but unlikely to be done in time for Halloween!

With all this going on it is incredibly unlikely that I will get to 500 models painted. But you never know. Dreadball season 3 should have shipped and I have no idea what is happening with Zombicide any more... Then there is Deadzone in a month, followed by Robotech. If all goes well of course.

Day 279
369/279 Painted/Days passed
369/366 Painted/Target (100.8%)
50/50 Dreadball: Season 1(100%)
6/6 Mercs - Kezai Wazza (100%)
71/71 Zombicide! (100%)
31/31 Dystopian Wars - Republique of France (100%)
7/7 Infinity - Haqqislam (100%)
48/54 Dreadball: Season 2 (88.9%)
32/40 Blindwater Congregation (80.0%)
11/18 Malifaux - Kirai Crew (61.1%)
89/150 Corporation Marines (59.3%)
21/89 Forge Fathers (23.6%)
1/85 Kings of War - Abyssal Dwarves (1.2%)
2/474 Kings of War - Undead (0.4%)

No comments:

Post a Comment