Here we are on day 258, the 15th of September. I have officially completed 368 models as of today. This week I completed 6 more Corporation Marines as well as the last 2 Zzor, 2 more Robots, the last MVP and the Ronnie Coach, all for Dreadball. Pictures are below.
So I have learned quite a bit about myself over the last 9 months. I learned about my limits, how well I can paint at the cost of speed and how fast I can paint at the cost of quality. I learned that it takes a solid weekend of work to produce 2-3 top end quality models, one of which got me 3rd in a painting contest at a tournament. On the other end of the scale I can produce 40+ models in the same weekend if I paint them in 'board game quality' and use Army Painter dip. The compromise is that I can paint 5 models in ~2 hours to a three colour standard with minor detail work. The pile of Corp Marines I produced in the last couple weeks is proof of that.
So where am I going to go from here? Well I would like to try and reach 500 models by the end of the year. This gives me 15 weeks to complete 132 models. Very possible if I can just manage to assemble enough in that time. I also need to work on my terrain competition entry as well. I spent half a day with Knightwolf today working on some prototypes and sorting out some final materials to speed up production. I also tested some gap filler on some polystyrene for durability testing this week. Once I am confident I will purchase more gap filler and get to work on that.
From all of this I hope to start doing regular tutorials here on the blog, some of which will be things I have learned myself (like the animal print tutorials) and others will be adapting or improving tutorials I have found, making them either easier, cheaper or improving the final result. There are bound to be some posts just involving my crazy ideas, hopefully that will encourage me to actually finish some of them!
What I will add to the blog soon will be a page dedicated to finished projects, listing when they were completed, number of models and a group photo. Unfortunately several of the projects currently listed as complete will not be shortly... In particular there are quite a few models that will be arriving for Dreadball in a month or so which expand on the season 1 and 2 teams, so I will have to go back and complete those new models to truly finish those projects. I also plan on trying out each of the teams fully so I can pick one or two as 'my team(s).' These will be painted to a higher quality as I will be able to look after them more than the rest of the set. My current thinking is the Robots team but the multiplayer rules will make them a bit lacklustre. Time will tell!
368/258 Painted/Days passed
368/366 Painted/Target (100.5%)
50/50 Dreadball: Season 1(100%)
6/6 Mercs - Kezai Wazza (100%)
71/71 Zombicide! (100%)
31/31 Dystopian Wars - Republique of France (100%)
7/7 Infinity - Haqqislam (100%)
48/54 Dreadball: Season 2 (88.9%)
32/40 Blindwater Congregation (80.0%)
11/18 Malifaux - Kirai Crew (61.1%)
89/150 Corporation Marines (59.3%)
21/89 Forge Fathers (23.6%)
1/85 Kings of War - Abyssal Dwarves (1.2%)
1/474 Kings of War - Undead (0.2%)