Saturday 16 February 2013

Week 7 - The Swamp Marches on to Ides

Just a brief post today as I don't expect to get any more done before tomorrows usual post. The bases are done! About time right? With 2 weeks to go to Ides I officially have enough points painted and based. I would like to get 2 more Gatormen painted just to max out the second unit but it isn't a big deal. So on to some group shots for you. Something that doesn't come through in the photos is the swamp effect. I managed to get leaves both under and on top of the 'water,' this adds some cool depth effect to the bases. I'm really happy with how they came out, but before I do a tutorial on them I want to wait and see how the clear resin behaves. I'm concerned it will yellow over time, which wont effect my bases too badly, but will look horrible if used for snow bases etc. I did much prefer using it compared to the Secret Weapon Water Effects though, so we will just have to wait and see.
The first unit of Gators and the Wrastler.

My 3 caster options, Bull Snapper, Bone Swarm and Pendrake.

Swamp Horror and the second unit of Gators, 2 more to come...

Solos and the Swamp Gobbers.

The whole group.
So what is left for the Gators? Well, I have parts on the way from PP which will let me max out my third unit of Gators. That leaves me with 7 gators to paint, 4 Bone Grinders (For Calibans Tier), Ironback Spitter, second Bull Snapper, Totem Hunter and Croak Hunter. (Who is waiting on that parts order as well...) Pic below.

Ignore the painted Croak Hunter on the left, he is done.
I have a busy couple of weekends ahead of me so I'm not expecting much progress. Hopefully I can get those 2 Gators done tomorrow so I can base them during the week. I may also adjust the colour pallet on the Bone Grinders, as this is a fairly small job, so that they fit with the rest of the faction. Then I need to focus on the tray for Ides. I also need more points to play 50 point games, So I expect to have to squeeze in the third Gators unit before the end of the month. Ideally I will finish all the models in the above photo. That may be wishful thinking though.

As for finishing Blindwater? Well I need Rask and a unit of Bog Trogg Ambushers. By then PP will have released the new Gargantuans book, and I will know what else is in store for my swampy friends. (Like the Bog Trogg Zombies!) Here is hoping I can finish off most of the ones I own before then though.

The stats:

Day 47
77/47 Painted/Days passed
77/366 Painted/Target (21.0%)
23/39 Blindwater Congregation (59.0%)
43/51 Dreadball (84.3%)
5/89 Forge Fathers (5.6%)
6/104 Corporation Marines (5.8%)
0/102 Veer-myn (0.0%)
0/8 Khador (0.0%)
0/35 Protectorate of Menoth (0.0%)
0/15 Malifaux - Kirai Crew (0.0%)
0/6 Mercs - Kezai Wazza (0.0%)
0/6 Infinity - Haqqislam (0.0%)
0/21 Death Korps of Krieg (0.0%)
With more to come...

1 comment:

  1. Nice John, can't wait to see the water effect and how it worked

    ReplyDelete