Sunday 3 February 2013

Week 5 - Time Running Out for Ides

Well another week down and more models painted. This week marks 4 weeks until my first tournament of the year, Ides of March. The big challenge here is getting all my Gators painted, or at least enough to actually compete! I have drafted out a couple lists which I need to practice and hopefully minimise models still needed. Play-testing will invariably change them but I will just have to make do.

This week sees the two Witch Doctors finally get finished. As always bases will be done later, but I'm rapidly running out of later!


I also took some time to get five more Corporation Marines painted. It is really surprising how little time these guys take compared to the Gators, I spent approximately 13 hours painting both of the Witch Doctors but only 4 hours on five Marines...


So that makes 7 more completed this week, keeping me up to pace. Those of you who are astute will notice no word on Caliban... Well he has progressed since you last saw him but is still not complete. He is moved (again) for completion this week along with Victor Pendrake (painted a bit this week as well) and the Swamp Horror, whom I have just finished converting.

Caliban, Slow and steady...

Victor, looking a little pale.

Converted Swamp Horror, looking more imposing!
In the interests of pushing the envelope I also have five Forge Father Steel Warriors on my desk, trying to keep ahead of the curve, and the mid-week day off should help. I also need to get to all those bases I keep putting off! So much to do...


I noticed that some of you missed my last post so I will endeavour to post at a more reasonable hour. I may even begin to post more in the middle of the week and I have started work on some other little projects that may require tutorials if there is interest...


The stats:

Day 34
74/34 Painted/Days passed
74/366 Painted/Target (20.2%)
20/39 Blindwater Congregation (51.3%)
43/51 Dreadball (84.3%)
5/89 Forge Fathers (5.6%)
6/104 Corporation Marines (5.8%)
0/102 Veer-myn (0.0%)
0/8 Khador (0.0%)
0/35 Protectorate of Menoth (0.0%)
0/15 Malifaux - Kirai Crew (0.0%)
0/6 Mercs - Kezai Wazza (0.0%)
0/6 Infinity - Haqqislam (0.0%)
0/21 Death Korps of Krieg (0.0%)
With more to come...

2 comments:

  1. Love the colour scheme - great to see some Gators that aren't just a filthy off-green colour. Swamp Horror is looking great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look tomorrow I have finished the horror, complete with blatant attempt at painting prize for Ides. You know the big lenses on the side of the head? I freehand painted galaxies on them...

      Delete