Sunday 14 June 2015

Week 24 - Steaming Along

Man, 3D printers are fun. Now they aren't perfect, definitely, but you can still do some pretty cool stuff with them. This week I printed up a Tie Interceptor and a Dominion Cruiser. So far the prints look pretty good. There are some patches where the material didn't fill, I suspect this could have been because of the speed I printed it at. But for a modeler this isn't a serious problem and can be easily repaired. Both of these models would have cost me quite a bit to get otherwise and they barely made a dent in my first spool of filament. This could be a viable alternative to buying Firestorm Armada ships, for example. Time will tell at any rate. I will give them a tidy up in the coming weeks and a coat of paint, you guys can judge as to how good they are for yourselves.



I also managed to finish up 3 more Arcanists this week, leaving me just 4 more to have a finished set for Malifaux. These are the more detailed models though, so are going to take some time. As the middle of the year is rapidly approaching I'm fast running out of painting backlog. I need to ramp up my painting pretty soon, or I'm going to start falling behind!



Day 165
186/165 Painted/Days passed
Goals:
Commission models - 10
Finish painting Infinity Morats - 11/11
Paint all DZC Scourge - 36/36
Paint all Directorate - 44/44
Finish all of the Dreadball teams and MVPs. - 4/4
Build and paint remaining KOW Elves - 68/83
Build and paint a full Malifaux crew - 12/16
Build and paint all Deadzone Enforcers - 0/34
Build and paint all Deadzone Plague - 0/21

No comments:

Post a Comment