Sunday 11 January 2015

Week 2 - Suppression Force Inbound

While I may not have started the year off with a pile of models I have completed my first goal for 2015. I have completed the rest of my Morat forces for Infinity, I only have one who needs basing and only because he needs a bigger base size. Pictures below.




These are some of the nicer models I have done since my Blindwater, way back when I started this blog. Still a little rough around the edges, but an improvement. I have another commission to complete so instead of working on my Nomads next (since it is Infinity month) I will work on those. I have also finished another 9 elves for KOW this week, this gives me a week of buffer on my yearly total, which I am going to need in the coming weeks!


So for the rest of the month I am going to try to wrap up more elves and try to finish the commission. I have another 15 or so elves ready for paint and will queue up the rest for trimming and assembly over the coming weeks.

I also received another Arcade block this week. This one contained: A Portal scarf, Super Smash Bros shirt, Sonic magnets, Halo lanyard, Zelda figure and a cellphone joystick.


Being brutally honest here, this block sucked. For the first block without any Mario products (Yay!) the shirt is boring (clever, but boring) the Halo item is a lanyard (a lanyard... really, of all the possible merchandise, a lanyard?) and the portal item is a scarf (I mean, yeah it is winter up in Canada but I imagine the dude portion of subscribers aren't gonna wear scarves often...) so yeah... The scarf is nice, but I'm more likely to display it than wear it. I have no use for the phone joystick thing either. I do quite like the Zelda figure, I got lucky as it is the only one of the set that interested me... This prompted me to change my subscription to the classic block. Time will tell how that goes...

Day 11
20/11 Painted/Days passed
Goals:
Finish painting Infinity Morats - 11/11
Build and paint remaining KOW Elves - 9/83
Build and paint all Deadzone Enforcers - TBC
Build and paint a full Malifaux crew - TBC
Finish all of the Dreadball teams and MVPs. - 0/4

No comments:

Post a Comment