Friday 19 July 2013

Week 29 - All Systems Go!

A quick post before the weekend, just to cover what I have finished this week. I managed to clean and paint up a team of 8 Zzor, ready for playing should I get the time. The last 2 will have to wait, I wasn't able to make much of a start on either the Robots or Judwan in time either. I have also finished up the final DW Cruiser, getting that full unit of 3 ready to go. Pictures are below.



I now have to frantically organise and pack everything for the weekend! I just hope it all fits in the car... I played a game of Warpath on Monday to get used to the rules. The game was quite fun, we really got into the swing of it, despite me forgetting how some of the rules went. I have a printout for the weekend though so am all set now. The Iron Ancestor is a very tough nut to crack, he may have to get left behind for balance issues during the demo's. Corporation seem to need to leverage their numbers against the Forge Fathers, which is hard to do with just the models at hand. It is just for demo's though, I'm sure it will all be fine.

The Dystopian Wars league seems to have fizzled out a bit, which is a shame. It has let me get most of it painted up though so I may as well try and finish it up next week. I'm thinking it is best that I try and finish up some more projects with my last 110 or so models for the challenge.

With just 60 models between Blindwater, Kirai's Crew, Dreadball S2 and Dystopian Wars it will feel pretty good to have 7 completed projects in a year. That will leave me with about 50 models to go, so I would ideally like to finish up another medium sized project. The temptation to do my Abyssal Dwarf army is quite strong, I have to admit! I have got 15 Golems and 40 Gargoyles on hand, and would inevitably want to use some of my Slave Orcs I have from earlier purchases (number currently unknown...) and there are another 11+ models on the way in a month or so. It would be the smallest KOW army I am able to field while still filling up points but probably not the most competitive!

The alternative is my Forge Fathers, who are about the right number as well. Decisions, decisions... I'm of course glossing over the two new sets of Zombicide arriving in the next month. The Toxic City Mall expansion should be about the right size too...

Day 200
255/200 Painted/Days passed
255/366 Painted/Target (69.7%)
50/50 Dreadball: Season 1(100%)
6/6 Mercs - Kezai Wazza (100%)
71/71 Zombicide! (100.0%)
25/31 Dystopian Wars - Republique of France (80.6%)
32/40 Blindwater Congregation (80.0%)
6/15 Malifaux - Kirai Crew (40.0%)
18/55 Dreadball: Season 2 (32.7%)
21/89 Forge Fathers (23.6%)
26/150 Corporation Marines (17.3%)
0/102 Veer-myn (0.0%)
0/8 Khador (0.0%)
0/35 Protectorate of Menoth (0.0%)
0/9 Malifaux - Mei Feng Crew (0.0%)
0/5 Infinity - Haqqislam (0.0%)
0/21 Death Korps of Krieg (0.0%)
With more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment