Sunday 14 July 2013

Week 28 - Time Running Out

So here we are, just one week away from the Hamilton Immortals Gaming Weekend. With this in mind I have been busily working away on various projects. I only managed to finish up 2 of the Dystopian Wars Cruisers but I did finish up 6 more tiny fliers. This leaves me with 5 tiny fliers, 1 cruiser and the carrier for my French fleet. I finished up my test model for Kirai's Crew really quickly so decided to do another 5! This gives me a set of 5 Seishin and Lost Love ready for the table. Pictures are below.




With these done I had to work on some of the 'finished' projects, like the Corp Marines. After some research into what others had done for jungle/forest bases I decided to go a bit more muted than my original concept. Some of the research turned up some heavily covered bases making the models far less visible and could look quite gaudy. Below is an example of how I am doing my heavy weapon teams.


Of course I need some terrain for Warpath and seeing as most of mine is a steampunk or fantasy style I need new terrain. Luckily some time ago I found some papercraft shipping containers online, so a quick trip to Warehouse Stationary and some card and tape later I have some sturdy LOS blocking terrain. I still have 9 more to build before the weekend but they only take about 15 minutes each. You may like the corporate logos...

I printed 10 different styles in this size crate.

Lastly I have a work in progress of a Kings of War Lesser Obsidian Golem. I couldn't resist building one and once I got the jade colour scheme down for Kirai's Crew I made some tweaks for the golem. I went for lighter colour on the golem and added pale edges for the cracks. As jade varies in colour quite significantly it was quite easy to find references that showed similar effects. I still have to finalise how I will do the metal armour plates and fiddle with the lighting effect in the stomach cavity. (Unfortunately this isn't visible in the photo...)


As for next week, well I may get a couple models done before the weekend but then its all gaming! Next weeks blog post will likely be late. I will also try and get up some photos from the happenings and some mini battle reports. In the mean time I have to get everything organised and packed!

Day 195
246/195 Painted/Days passed
246/366 Painted/Target (67.2%)
50/50 Dreadball: Season 1(100%)
6/6 Mercs - Kezai Wazza (100%)
71/71 Zombicide! (100.0%)
32/40 Blindwater Congregation (80.0%)
24/31 Dystopian Wars - Republique of France (77.4%)
6/15 Malifaux - Kirai Crew (40.0%)
21/89 Forge Fathers (23.6%)
10/55 Dreadball: Season 2 (18.2%)
26/150 Corporation Marines (17.3%)
0/102 Veer-myn (0.0%)
0/8 Khador (0.0%)
0/35 Protectorate of Menoth (0.0%)
0/9 Malifaux - Mei Feng Crew (0.0%)
0/5 Infinity - Haqqislam (0.0%)
0/21 Death Korps of Krieg (0.0%)
With more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment